Fiskars: Conquering Your Fear of Cardmaking
Show me with a raise of your hand, how many of you have this inability to stand confident in your card making skills? Lots of hands, I’m sure. No worries, I obviously can’t see you, but I’ve been around enough crafters and taught classes enough to know that you are not alone. So, I am here to share some insight and some ways to approach card making and hopefully help you kick that fear of not ‘doing it right’ to the curb!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard those whom I would consider ‘talented crafters’ say “I can’t make a card to save my life!” Those of you who are claiming to be card-challenged, I want you to throw that idea out the window and challenge yourself to think a little differently. Card making really doesn’t have to be something intimidating. And even better news? There really aren’t any rules when it comes to card making other than having to be mindful of some postal regulations once you go to mail your card.
Some of you reading might consider yourself an avid scrapbooker, so that’s where your comfort lies. Card making, really, is nothing more than scrapbooking on a smaller canvas.....
(continue reading the full article over at Fiskars.com: Conquering Your Fear of Cardmaking)
in other news.....
yep, this saturday is World Cardmaking Day! if you're looking for a place to play along to some cardmaking challenges, win prizes and just have fun hanging out with fellow crafters, you should join me and the Fiskateers for a day of fun!
- happy halloween!
- Coloring Fiskars Fuse Letterpressed Die-Cuts with ...
- Xyron Create A Sticker + LYB Acorn Hollow
- Enabler Alert: Fiskars Fuse Creativity System 40% ...
- Fiskars: Family Shadow Box
- Fall Gift Packaging in less than 15 Minutes: Acorn...
- Fall Decor: Altered Chalkboard
- Fiskars: Pantone Inspired Scalloped Table Runner T...
- Potion Bottles
- Fiskars: Conquering Your Fear of Cardmaking
- FISKARS: Jellyfish Costume Tutorial
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2011 (23)