yep. it's true! i'm that crazy person that is trying to be on the ball this year and already thinking Christmas and it's November 7th. getting things started early! in fact, the mr. and i are going on a dinner date followed by some Christmas shopping this evening. :) can't wait!
anywho. those cards.....
i hear many scrapbookers saying “I’m clueless when it comes to making cards.” so, today, i just want to share one idea on how you can get over that fear of how or where to start when attempting to make cards.
when i sit down to create cards, and am stuck for a starting point, i almost always find i’m happy with the result if i stick to groupings of like items, whether that be repeating colors, repeating shapes, or repeating a pattern. for example, on the green card base, i scanned my Once Upon a Christmas papers and embellishments and picked out my favorites that had lots of cream color shouting back at me. by grouping like colors together you instantly have a visually pleasing card.
also remember, any time you allow a sticky element to hang off the edge of your card, you need take the stickyness away by sprinkling baby powder over the exposed sticker.
- Blog Hop: May Arts + Little Yellow Bicycle
- new plan of attack on RA
- Gift Giving on A Budget: How to Make Birdseed Orna...
- i have RA.
- Silhouette Wood Frame Advent Calendar Limited Edit...
- Black Friday Deals on the Fiskars Fuse Creativity ...
- Anthropologie-Inspired Lampshade Tutorial: 2nd Ann...
- Christmas Tag kits are ready!!!This is our fastest...
- Fiskars: Thanksgiving Gobble Gobble Mix featuring ...
- second verse same as the first.
- Joy Banner
- Fall Cards at Mom and Me Scrapbooking
- never too early for making Christmas cards
- Binders at Mom and Me Scrapbooking
- Autumn Banner
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2011 (23)