Pink Fire Pointer Going minimal with 'Downtown Tea Party' scraps

Going minimal with 'Downtown Tea Party' scraps

by Julie Kirk

Hi again.

Did you catch the recent discussion on the Quirky Kits chat thread over on UKScrappers regarding how far the kits go / how many pages can be made using them? The first person to ask the question was actually referring to the 'Lite' Quirky Kits but equally the discussion it created could be applied to the full kits too.

As most people suggested, how far the kit lasts depends entirely on how much you like to add to one page, whether you use the plain card as a backing and add to it, or if you start with full sheet of 12x12 patterned paper and so on ...

So today I thought I'd share a very minimal page I made using the Downtown Tea Party kit using plain cardstock as a base and only the smallest snippets of pattern:
It really is about as restrained as I can manage - I love colour and pattern too much - but I do like how calm the page feels, which reflects the photograph of an outdoor sculpture exhibition nicely.

Before adding my tiny cluster of layered papers I spritzed the white card with shadesof light green and lilac ink and stamped a mesh design too in green and light grey:
You might just be able to make out a slight colour on the alpha stickers which I added using Promarkers, just to soften them.

To embellish the page I used two of the butterflies from the kit and punched two more from paper in the kit:
I ran them through the sewing machine adding wavy lines in a light colour thread:

Having made four layouts and a mini book already with this kit ... there's still around half of it left.

Plus, using my kit supplies at this particular minimal rate would mean I'd be dipping into it for a great while longer!

If you've missed any of the items I've made with this kit, you can drop by the Flickr set in which I keep all my previous Quirky Kit projects.

Happy creating.

Julie